PDA

View Full Version : End of season

James Galloway
03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
I belive this has been the oddest season ive seen. Sunday will mark the end for me in 2012.

DonMcJr
03-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Leave it to me to start Maple Sugaring on the Oddest year ever, just my luck LOL!

If it ends this coming week you can blame it on me cause I'm picking up a new evaporator on Thursday and was hoping to boil on it next weekend!:mad:

But I'm gonna leave my Taps and buckets in and see what happens...Maybe I'll get lucky for once in my life LMAO!

wnybassman
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm pulling taps on Sunday too. Getting the boat out of storage Saturday and will use the 50's and 60's next week (along with the extra hour of daylight) to get the sugaring stuff put away and the boat put back together.

Edit: Opps, I see this is the Michigan thread.

JBIV
03-08-2012, 10:34 PM
If it ends this coming week you can blame it on me cause I'm picking up a new evaporator on Thursday and was hoping to boil on it next weekend!:mad:

What did you get?

Same thing happened to me two years ago when I built my fuel oil tank evaporator. That was a bad year, guys were saying it was the worst in 20 years.

The good news is you got a evaporator! And by next year you will be ready to spend some more money to buy more syrup stuff.

DonMcJr
03-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Leader Half Pint...I pick it up in 6 days....

I'm still hoping we have a few weeks left and keeping my taps in!

Tweegs
03-09-2012, 07:13 AM
I’ll probably leave my taps in through next week, just in case the forecasters are wrong…again.

Saw a frog hopping across the driveway the other morning, never a good omen.

Expect we’ll get sap today and tomorrow, and that will likely be it.

My crystal ball says we’ll boil this weekend, break down and clean everything up next weekend, and likewise, I can then turn my attention towards the boat. Much to do to get her ready to go back in the water.

Rick_Seebeck
03-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Tapped (30 taps) on Feb 28th and have gotten about 100 gallons of sap since. Not much the past 2 days. I have noticed the sap picking up a yellow tint, usually not a good sign:cry:

James Galloway
03-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I think we will get a short run with the cold and snow today but long range forcast and the sap color are the season ender for this Sugar Bush for 2012. Not a bad year though 80 gallon of syrup made and plenty of beer drank!

DonMcJr
03-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Still Flowing today and all my sap was clear...

I saw 2 Robins Wednesday...