PDA

View Full Version : new evaporator

cmstearns
03-06-2012, 10:35 AM
hello im in my second year of this fun hobby and the family is having a blast. for next year i want to get a hobby evaporator and was looking at W.F. Mason Custom Welding. there close to home and made in maine. anyone have one from them and if so do u like it and what add ons whould u do to the stock unit. thanks for your time.......:)

Stamford sugarmaker
03-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Although I don't have a Mason I've seen lots of threads on here talking about them. People generally seem to like them a lot. I suggest you do a search on them or just browse through the evaporator forum. I'm surprised Mason owners have not responded as yet.

Good luck...

Peter

English River Maple
03-11-2012, 08:34 PM
We are on our second Mason machine, we had a 2x3 and currently have a 30x8. It is a real performer, the worst evaporation rate we have seen was just over 67gph and if the wood is split proper size we have seen 78gph. It boils like crazy, all we have to say is WOW!!!! It really chews up some sap in a hurry! Mason all the way(just in my opinion although we have not owned evaportors from other manufacturers), you won't be disappointed....good luck.

Rossell's Sugar Camp
03-11-2012, 08:39 PM
I would look into the used market too.

sbingham
03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
I purchased a 2x6' evaporator and pan from WF Mason two years ago, extremely pleased with the unit.
Did alot of research on mapletrader and the web and decided to place the order.
Bill was a pleasure to work with and the quality & workmanship is great.
Had to ship to NW Wisconsin, but I felt the shipping was reasonable and I wanted the unit.
I hope to upgrade to a WF Mason "drop tube" in a couple years.
Good Luck

buxtonboiler
03-13-2012, 01:27 AM
I am on my second year with a Mason 2X4. all I can say is I love it. Bill is a great guy to work with, very knowledgable about sugaring. his craftsmanship is great, and his prices are very reasonable. I know about 5 places with his equipment and they all swear by him.