PDA

View Full Version : Bernard double releaser??

Gravel
03-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Have a question on Bernard double releaser, occasionaly it will stick between the two tanks when it is in the process of switching sides, once it does this it will stay there and you get no vacuum??? Any help on this would be much appreciated! Thanks

lew
03-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I've never had this happen before. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the vacuum cylinder that switches the incoming vacuum from one side to the other. A couple of questions. How much vacuum on the releaser? Have you greased the rod on the cyclinder and the pivot point where the vacuum is transferred from one side of the cyclinder to the other?

Gravel
03-04-2012, 06:30 PM
25", not sure on the oiling, it is my dads and I am not sure if he did or not. What would you oil it with and where exactly would you put it? thanks

Gravel
03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Sorry I saw where you told you oil it, dumb spell on my part!

maplecrest
03-05-2012, 07:07 AM
brand new benard double releaser right out of wrapper. o rings all cracked to start. then was hanging up and running sap back to moisture trap.called bascoms where i bought it. they said clean rods really good. no oil or grease. also said piston could have moisture in it. i took it off ,worked it back and forth but did not dare take it apart.seemed fine. now this releaser has not been frozen in heated room. put back togather and hung up again. this time i added 1/2 cup of rice in each float. cant hang up now. but does not work well below 34 degrees. i have 4 others running and not in heated areas and have no problems. but the new ones are different

lew
03-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Adding rice to float is a good point. this will definitely help it to switch better. I have heard of some people saying not to grease, but I can say from my experience it helped the releaser work much better. We use the silicone grease from leader. It comes in a little tiny foil pack and costs like $2. I've had it for 3 years now and it will probably last another 2. You use as little as possible, just enough to coat your parts. After greasing, my fingers are slippery as heck for most the rest of the day, and I'm trying to wipe the stuff off. My releaser is not in a heated room and performs well until it freezes up. I should also mention that this releaser is from 2007. Like Maplescrest said, the new ones are different. Not sure if they are better or worse.

Gravel
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate the info! I believe this releaser is a 2007 as well so should be the older style. I will see what dad wants to do but it sounds like it should be cleaned, lubed and rice added so I am sure he will be up to trying it because he is really getting sick of it sticking!

unc23win
03-05-2012, 11:54 AM
I am having the same problem with mine. It is brand new I just got it set up this weekend. It works well on the left side but it doesn't switch correctly. I am guessing it is the cylinder.

sjdoyon
03-05-2012, 06:13 PM
MapleCrest,

We went with the Bernard CV Releaser and they forget to install the flapper between the top intake and bottom intake so the CV was not CV and the constant pressure required us to open the bottom trap by hand on our first run. Leader sent the flapper overnight. Even buying brand new doesn't guarantee a quality product.

brand new benard double releaser right out of wrapper. o rings all cracked to start. then was hanging up and running sap back to moisture trap.called bascoms where i bought it. they said clean rods really good. no oil or grease. also said piston could have moisture in it. i took it off ,worked it back and forth but did not dare take it apart.seemed fine. now this releaser has not been frozen in heated room. put back togather and hung up again. this time i added 1/2 cup of rice in each float. cant hang up now. but does not work well below 34 degrees. i have 4 others running and not in heated areas and have no problems. but the new ones are different

KZecher
03-06-2012, 04:42 PM
we have the small double vertical releaser on a woods of 800 taps the first time we used it it was sticking there is a small bolt with a spring on it that holds the piece of plastic that shifts back and forth to hold the vacuum while one releases take a quarter turn off it and use a spot of lube on the rod.. good thing to do is ad a drop of the food grade oil lapierre or leader gives out and use it every couple days. doesn't hurt anything. for us with 4 different vacuums and lots of moving parts lube doesn't hurt.. try that bolt on the releaser and or brass piece on the sliding cylinder take a quarter turn off both sides and it move much more freely.. i dont know anything else but that is the way we have fixed our problem