PDA

View Full Version : March Journal

western mainer
03-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Ok I guest every one's out at the sugar house, I just came in and saw nothing for March yet.
Brian

CaseysSugarHouse
03-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Been busy with pumps., engines not running right, ended up buying a new honda 200gx Looking like we might get some some sap up this way Wednesday and the rest of the week, after school tomorrow im going to bring the pump back up and have it ready, Hopefully we have a good sap week!, Temps ins 40's and 50's even , hope everyone is makin alot of syrup and having a good time.

NATE

Dennis H.
03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Pulled the taps for the trees on vac.
Flushed with water so that is now done.

I still have the trees on buckets so I am still continuing for now.

jrthe3
03-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Well new pan ordered I start working on new arch as soon as old evaporator in out of sugar house it looking like I be pulling taps next week showing no cool down in the next ten days

SevenCreeksSap
03-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Looks like after this weekend cold nights it might be it for us. our 10 day is showing 60s and even 70. in March. might be time to clean up and see if the walleyes are running yet.

What a learning year for us. with building and expanding everything I'll be looking forward to making improvements and buying tubing. going to shoot for 300 taps next season which might be all the trees we have. I've pulled a few dry taps and starting to see more yellow cloudy sap so I'll be happy with one more run and boil that off. if not we'll just finish off all the sweet I've stored cold and see what the tally is. Only going to be close to 8-10 gallons but thats more than last year. One of the things I learned is I cant collect it, boil it, finish it,bottle it, and keep a job at the same time. Definitely looking at efficiency upgrades.

maplekid
03-24-2012, 02:23 AM
well ive called it quits. pulled the taps a couple days ago. not too good of a season. but next year im hitting the sap hard, got back from my squad call to find a missed call on my phone... i have just aquired my first big boy evaporator. a 4x10 drop flue complete. wasnt such a bad day at all. now i just need to build a walmart sized sugar camp to house the beast.

jrthe3
03-24-2012, 08:18 PM
the new owner came and picked up my evaporator today now making room in sugar house to start building my new airover arch i will post pics of it at all steps of the way