PDA

View Full Version : vac lines wont clear out

pierre
03-02-2012, 09:22 AM
How come my lines have SAP in them from tap to saddle nothing moving . But soon as I pull a tap the lines clear out and I have vacuum at the tap any thoughts

mapleack
03-02-2012, 09:35 AM
If it's above freezing the sap is moving, just slow. For sap to move through the line, the trees must be releasing tree gas or more sap into the tubing to replace the space occupied by the sap already in the line. Be patient and watch a line longer, having a mostly full line isn't a bad thing.

spud
03-02-2012, 12:56 PM
How come my lines have SAP in them from tap to saddle nothing moving . But soon as I pull a tap the lines clear out and I have vacuum at the tap any thoughts

Great Question,

When I first started running my vacuum system I was under the impression That at the end of a run my lines would be empty. I soon found out that is not the case. I run 28+ in the woods and all my lines are full of sap except the mainlines. I have watched my releaser ice up completely and still all the laterals are full. The sap will come to papa when it is good and ready. Don't pull a spout and vent your line because you will dry up your holes much faster and your season will be done much sooner.Good luck to you and may the sap start moving soon.

Spud

pierre
03-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the replies I feel a little at ease ok I'll wait:)