PDA

View Full Version : All systems GO!

Pinnacle Ridge Maples
03-01-2012, 07:41 AM
I would Say, Its Go Time! I have had test taps in since the start of Feburary and even then i had a couple trees slowly starting to drip. On the last warm day we had they were dripping once every second and the trees on the north slope finaly woke up last week. I am very thankful for the snow we had yesterday, it was a long day plowing and shoveling but the tree will benefit and so will us sappers! I work at the News 18 station in Eau Claire and i get the weather report three times a day! and next week looks prime. Today and tomorrow are 35, sat and sun. 30. Then 37,48,45 on Monday, Tuesday, and Wedsday! I might start drilling my lines today and wait for buckets until Monday. Boogty Boogty Boogty Lets GO SAPPING..............Whos All Starting?

bison1973
03-01-2012, 07:54 AM
We will be tapping this weekend to be ready for tuesday!

jgavic
03-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Have a lot of things to do this weekend. Hoping to at least get the 400 on vacuum tapped.
Need to run lines to 100 more trees
Clean sugar house
Walk a sugar bush we put up in lines last year looking for squarrel holes/limbs down.
Get tanks set
Could be cooking mid next week....

jmayerl
03-01-2012, 08:39 AM
We got 450 out on tues, and weds. working in the snow was fine it was when it changed to rain that it wasnt so fun. got about 6" of wet stuff that packed down to half that already. Most buckets are filling up quickly so it look like a full collection and day on friday after we get the last 250 out in the morning, then start cooking friday night. most all the trees we tapped are budded out so hopefully the syrup will be ok. time will tell, and by the long range forecast this seasno could be over in 2 weeks.

alltapped out
03-01-2012, 08:40 AM
hoping to have enough help to get every thing tapped on sunday. 1000 on vac, about 50 on pails. praying for a good year to pay for new r.o.

jgavic
03-01-2012, 08:45 AM
We got 450 out on tues, and weds. working in the snow was fine it was when it changed to rain that it wasnt so fun. got about 6" of wet stuff that packed down to half that already. Most buckets are filling up quickly so it look like a full collection and day on friday after we get the last 250 out in the morning, then start cooking friday night. most all the trees we tapped are budded out so hopefully the syrup will be ok. time will tell, and by the long range forecast this seasno could be over in 2 weeks.
Where are you located?

jmayerl
03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
North of Shawano.

Knapp Hills Sugar Bush
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Ya pinnacle I think your right. We are going to hit her hard and try to get all the taps in this weekend and get the system all tuned monday.