PDA

View Full Version : Maple Schools in NH

maple maniac65
03-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Maple Schools in NH

The association has been asked by some of members to look into offering classes on maple sugaring. As president of the NHMPA, I feel this is a great idea. I have been in contact with Steve Roberge from UNH, Ag in the Classroom, and Eric Johnson from NHTOA and a fellow NHMPA member. I am looking for other interested members who are willing to assist with coordinating these schools. As this is in the initial planning stages, I would like to hear input from members as to what subjects should be covered, good locations for holding the schools, and who's sugar houses would be best suited for demonstrations. A directors meeting will be held in May to discuss details, and I would love to see many members in attendance. Our association is now at a record membership level of 461 members with sugaring operations of all sizes. I strongly urge you to get involved and help put the association to work for you in the best possible way. Remember, we are a member based group, and you can make a difference.

Bodie