PDA

View Full Version : Tapping in Alexandria

Cardigan99
02-29-2012, 08:44 PM
I got caught up in the hype the week of the 13th during the warm weather. Tapped about a third of my trees and hung the buckets on the road.

Nothing doing. Too windy later in the week and then the cold set in. Looks like next week the weather should break.

Backyard Sapper66
03-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Tapped in about 70 that weekend hoping for a run, nothing.............

Have 90 taps in now and collected only 15 gallons from Wednesday and Thursday, nothing doing on Friday the 9th.
I know its still early in the season but I just don't know if we are going to see any real runs this season. Supposed to be warmer this coming week but not forecast to be below freezing at night.

Good luck up on the mountain, may the sap "Goddess" shine down on you...........

Doug
:)

Cardigan99
03-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Hi Doug. Things aren't any better up here. I've got something like a half gallon of sap per tap so far. I'm hoping that warm spell in Feb didn't put a wrinkle in things (though it didn't really run then either). It got cold enough last nite for a good run so we'll see what this week brings.

Todd

Cardigan99
03-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Doug. Things aren't any better up here. I've got something like a half gallon of sap per tap so far. I'm hoping that warm spell in Feb didn't put a wrinkle in things (though it didn't really run then either). It got cold enough last nite for a good run so we'll see what this week brings.

Todd

Backyard Sapper66
03-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Hey Todd, anything doing up on the mountain? I pulled the plug yesterday as nothing was happening. Cleaned the buckets and flushed the lines out today. Saw some of the trees weaping, a few seemed to be dripping pretty good. Hope you're still at it up there.
Doug