PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready

Brad W Wi
02-28-2012, 01:21 PM
I was over to the sugarbush today and finally have everything set to go. Evap. is all set the supply lines and floats. Pails are set. Wood has been stacked under cover since last spring. I'm chomping at the bit but we're to get 7-12 inches of snow tonite. I hope by late next week to be drilling.

mike z
02-28-2012, 07:47 PM
The extended forecast shows upper 40s next week. Wisconsin's northwoods will be filled with the sounds of drills humming and tiny hammers tapping, along with the occasional "look at that S.O.B. go, it's running like crazy!"

sbingham
02-29-2012, 12:16 PM
I know how you guys feel, I was hopeful that the tapping could wait until the second weekend in March but the forecast looks like it is going to be this weekend.
The 12"+ of snow we recieved last night will make things a bit more interesting but we'll manage.
The evaporator is ready and we have plenty of wood cut, let the sap run begin.
Good luck to all.

Jeff E
02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
I agree, it looks like show time.
I am hoping to be tapped by Monday. We had 14" of snow as of 8am, and suspect maybe 3 or 4 more" so far today. Will make it a bit wet in the woods!
Good luck everyone, nose to the grindstone for awhile, eh?

Brad W Wi
02-29-2012, 04:44 PM
sbingham,
Just wondering how that pug is for collecting? I have a Polaris 6X6 but it's getting old and every so often I see a pug for sale. Last count we had 16+ inches of snow. It's still snowing at 4:45 pm

GramaCindy
03-01-2012, 04:18 AM
I think we recieved about 15" or so. Really hard to tell with all of that blowing. You guys are making me jumpy, tapping….It looks like I will wait until the 10th., Checking weather sites right now. Good luck guys….it's GO TIME!

sbingham
03-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Brad,
The PUG works very good in reasonable amounts of snow - with the 14-15" we recieved yesterday, it would be no good.
I have used it all winter in our woods cutting & hauling firewood and it has worked out great.
We have a hunting camp in northern Rusk County, it gets alot of use there as well.
If you can find one in decent shape at a fair price, you won't be disappointed.
They go through or over about anything, it has a 1500# load capacity, hydraulic dump box and very manuverable, a very handy unit around the woods and home.