PDA

View Full Version : Maple Traders Please read (Sugarmaker Tribute)

WRMAPLE
03-22-2006, 02:51 PM
If you are a Vermont sugarmaker you probably have run into him. His brother Had and his wife Helen were at my sugar house last weekend and were telling me that Truman Young has been boiling for 75 years this year. Truman started when he was 12. He has been involved in the Vermont Sugarmakers since 1957 and the State for almost as long. He has been involved or run the Rutland CountyMaple Producers since 1966. He was instrumental in getting the Sugar House at the Rutland Fairgrounds. I was thinking it would be nice if all the mapletraders could send him a card for his 75 years of giving to the Maple industry. It would be really SWEET if you you could write a little about where you are from and about your operation. His address is
Truman Young Jr.
17 Rte. 140 West
Tinmouth, Vt. 05773

If you could post if you are willing to send him a card it would give some idea of how many cards he might get to enjoy. He is truly an amazing sugarmaker and man. I have two pictures of a quilt made for him made out of his syrup ribbons and his brother assures me this is just a few of them. I would be willing to send to you by email if you leave your address or if someone can help me post them for all to see it would be great.

Thanks for your consideration and I will be getting my card out this week