PDA

View Full Version : All tapped and How much Snow?

PFHII
02-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Well we bit the bullet and tapped last week... the first time ever we have tapped with NO snow on the grade wow it was nice. 1750 buckets gathered 1000 gallons on friday and made 6 gallons of really nice fancy..... Well woke up to 30" of snow sunday morning now to go dig out the buckets. today got another 5" with 6-12 in the forecast now - thursday. Guess thats what we get for not waiting. LOL hows everyone else doing so far?

spud
02-28-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm so glad I was able to tap before all the snow. How in the world are you going to gather with all this snow. Looks like we might get a run on Friday. I wish you the best.

Spud

PFHII
02-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Well we have did it in over 3ft last year.... We are hoping by the time we gather again the "rain" will take care of that. What did you guys get in richford?

smokeyamber
02-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Should have listened to the pros that said we would get snow and were wiating. Tapped early too while there was no snow, and I tapped a bit low ... so now I get to dig buckets out. I did get a short run though, but should have waited. Glad I didn't tap all the trees so at least I can do the rest when this finally breaks loose. Funny though I had setup a drop line at what I thought then was a bit high, now it seems like it will be ok :lol:

Snow is all good for me since I need to keep the sap cold and snowbanks are my coolers !!!