PDA

View Full Version : Youtube link, video of our "setup" :)

Cameron670
02-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi All,

Here is a link to a video I made. It's my first attempt at movie maker, don't laugh!

KJC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n67M62fBr0A&context=C3b3c00dADOEgsToPDskJvEs264BMzFcCFMrpYAwiC

Stevenick
02-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Nice Work!

What was evaporation rate on the setup?

Cameron670
02-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Nice Work!

What was evaporation rate on the setup?

With good wood and the preheater working right, we get around 10 gal/hr. I'm not sure how much more we can push it. We seem to have hit a ceiling at around 10.5-11/hr. (peak) Still way cheaper than propane though!

KJC

gbwez
02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Nice setup. Can you explain your preheat system?

Cameron670
02-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Nice setup. Can you explain your preheat system?

It's pretty crude, If you watch the beginning of the video, you can see the copper tube coming down from the feed barrel.
Where the ramp transitions to the funnel it gets really, really hot. The copper tube is coiled up flat, like a snake,then formed like a potato chip, and lays against that area. We have 5) 1/16 holes in the tube out over the pan. We also put air pressure into the vent on the feed barrel, Not alot, maybe 10-15 lbs. Hardi-backer from your local lumber yard, works well for insulating heat. That is what sits ontop the firebricks to go right up to meet the bottom of the pan.

We are learning alot from this simple setup, We spent about 8 hours adapting the barrel stove. There's a little story with the stove......My dad built it when he was 19, shortly after buying propane for the first time. I was about 2. It was used 2
or 3 winters, then we moved. It got put in the barn. So we "re-purposed" it, 30+ years later.

Talked to a guy that has a press brake today....found a set of acute angle dies in his shop, 8ft. long.....steep VVVVVVVV's

:) KJC