PDA

View Full Version : Too many laterals in too short a span?

Dill
02-27-2012, 08:10 AM
In an effort to have a bunch of laterals cross a path in one spot I have 4 laterals in hit a 3/4 main line in less than a foot and half. And I have 2 more laterals about 4 ft upstream. The problem is the last lateral downstream, seems not to be flowing correctly. There are probably 10 taps on it with good slope. I just changed out the saddle hoping that was the issue. The lateral line is full of sap and watching the bubbles they barely move. Would moving this lateral farther down the mainline help? I hate to put more holes in the mainline, but on the other hand I don't want to miss sap.
I know the mainline isn't flowing to capacity because I can watch it dump into the releaser.

mapleack
02-27-2012, 10:37 AM
As long as there aren't any leaks there shouldn't be any problem with that set up. I'd just say that for whatever reason that lateral doesn't have much tree gas in it, thus slower moving and as it should be.

Amber Gold
02-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Your system's tight if the bubbles are barely moving.

Russell Lampron
02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
That's what I look for in a tight lateral. If the bubbles are moving fast or worse yet if the lateral is empty you have leaks.

Dill
02-28-2012, 08:19 AM
That's been my theory, however the few bubbles in the line are barely moving. All the other full leak free lines, I can watch them dump into the mainline, these bubbles just sit there.
Maybe these trees haven't woken up completely yet.

ennismaple
02-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Are you using CV's? We've had the ball come out of improperly tapped CV's and plug the saddle manifold.