PDA

View Full Version : Seacoast NH

Richard Gress
02-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Boiled off 55 gallons to produce 1 gallon. Collected from 50 taps over the past two days. Don't expect too much over the next week. Even if I fill my buckets, I'm afraid to empty for fear they will blow away.

red maples
02-26-2012, 04:21 AM
I'll say man its wind..I mean its no wind storm like we had a fre years back but WOW. I was boiling yesterday and got caught up in the sugarhouse door almost got killed...not really but it must of looked funny as hell!!!

Richard Gress
02-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Hey Brad-that's one hell of a sugar house! Beautiful work!. Are you near route 125? I have a rig, much like your original on cement blocks. That's enough for my 50 taps, but on days like today (wind or rain) i'm stuck. I only collected 25 gallons oven the last few days, so I'll wait for the wind to dye down. Rich

Dill
02-26-2012, 08:05 AM
The wind was nuts last night. My next sugar house I'm not going to put the front of the evap right next to the door. Every time I went outside for more wood the boil in the syrup pan would die. I still have 175 gallons to boil down today. Ended up with a good run friday night/saturday.