PDA

View Full Version : Location of vacuum pump

dabamvt
02-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Where does everyone put their vacuum pump? This is our first vacuum pump. We have a new 7.5Hp Airablo vacuum pump and are trying to decide the best location for it. Inside an 8'x12' room or outside under the wood shed. Inside, we are concerned about how much air flow is necessary even with it having an oil cooler and how much heat will it be giving off. We can put a vent in the outside wall of the room to increase the air if necessary. Obviously, it would be exhausted out the wall, but would it still be too loud for comfort.

Thanks,

Dale

Sunday Rock Maple
02-25-2012, 04:50 AM
It's a big investment -- inside.

red maples
02-25-2012, 05:00 AM
that is a big investment...the wood shed will be fine as long as there is no chance weather etc effecting it!!! maybe you could seclude a small section and close it off so there is no chance of hitting it with wood either. but have enoug room to work on it change oil etc. you don't want anything to happen to that baby.

cpmaple
02-25-2012, 05:06 AM
big investment is right mine sits outside under and inclosesure that i built for it to keep the weather off from it. Mine is run by a gas motor so noise is a problem. If it was electric noise wouldnt be an issue and also i mist oil from the exhaust so i dont want it near my sap. Just my two cents

spud
02-25-2012, 06:52 AM
I have my 10 HP pump inside where insurance will cover it if all goes up in flames. I was told by my insurance that anything outside ( Tanks, Pumps and so on) would not be covered by insurance. To my surprise my pump is very quiet and never gets hot due to it being oil. I would keep it inside if I was you.

Spud