PDA

View Full Version : RV2 max taps?

Dill
02-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on max taps for a RV2 or length of mainline etc. I have one more section that I can add in probably another 50 taps but I'm not sure if the "little pump that could" will be able to handle it.

Dill
02-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Well I think I've answered my own question. It takes 15-20 minutes now to get up to 18inches of vac. Before I added the ladders and the lower line it was 5-8 minutes. I just don't think the little pump can do much more, the CFMs just aren't there. Anyone know how the Sp11 is cfm wise comparred to the RV2?

Bucket Head
02-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Were talking about a RV2 and not a BB2, correct? What color is the pump? Green, but not the dark shade that the Alamo vane pumps are painted? I was told by a Surge dealer that the RV2 is a "4 to 5cfm pump. They used to run 1 or 2 milkers on them." I have no idea if thats the exact rating of it. I do know a SP11 is rated for 5cfm free air at 15 inches of vacuum. My educated guess would be the RV2 is closer to 4cfm, maybe a little less, and less than that if the pump is "tired". Do we know for certain that the 15-20 minute wait time is excessive for a system the size of yours? I have no idea if it is or not. Maybe some others will share what they get for times on their comparable systems. Maybe 15 minutes is'nt too bad considering the layout and the size/age of your pump?

Steve

Dill
02-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Yes its the old nice green color, the paint still says RV2 on it.
I think the long wait time yesterday might have been due to lots of ice in the lines as well. It came up in less than 10 minutes this morning.

Bucket Head
02-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Thats good! Since it sounds like the pump is in good shape, it should do 3-400 taps without a problem, maybe more? They say 1 cfm per 100 taps. So if the "4-5cfm" rating is close to correct it would be sized right for a bush with that many taps.

Steve

pierre
02-25-2012, 05:21 PM
I have a bb2 that's 600' from releaser, 1" line .4 mains coming out of releaser 320'-360' each 2 go south slightly up hill and 2 go north slightly up hill releaser is in the middle and when I turn it on it takes about 2-3 min. And its go's to 18 " no problem I have a regulator on it. Works good so far after fixing leaks