PDA

View Full Version : vacuum pump problems, HELP Please

maple flats
02-24-2012, 04:55 AM
On an Alamo 75 oil reclaimer did we screw up? The oil level sight window indicated it was low so we added some thru the top. Now I have no vacuum.
Before adding the reclaimer showed low and it was blowing a light cloud of oil. I assumed it needed more oil so the pump exhaust had more column of oil to flow thru to reclaim the oil. When we added some vacuum oil thru the top we lost vacuum, but the site window level did not change. Any ideas?
Did I screw up?

highlandcattle
02-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Dave, Ron says to check the vanes, they may have stuck or fallen apart, if so , here's a guy we got ours from, best price and great service. Agrilac Inc. 5518 NW 72 Ave. ,Miami. Fl 33166. He's got a website. Good luck.

maple flats
02-24-2012, 09:22 AM
For reference for others, since I got no reply, I called my local Surge Dealer. It turns out that adding oil thru the top just fills the exhaust. He instructed me to drain the top by removing a plug in the bottom (it has a tube up thru the bottom half and drain the top. Then he said to add thru an elbow that comes out the side. The pump will smoke some extra when it is started but will clear up fairly quick. No damage done, the pump just can't breathe with the exhaust full of oil.