PDA

View Full Version : Will buy sap

wkies
02-23-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm just putting out the feelers at this point. I wanted to see if anyone was interested in selling sap. I'm looking to possible buy 200-250 gallons late next week. The weather in SW Connecticut is looking a bit iffy and we're having a large maple festival March 3 & 4. We teach a during the week so most of my sap will be used during the week so I can't save it up. I'm willing to pay up to .75 cents for fresh clear sap. If the weather turns I may not need to go down this road but just wanted to see if anyone was willing to help out.

I'm located an hour north of NYC and am willing to drive a few hours to come pick up.

wkies
02-26-2012, 05:12 PM
So the long range forecast has me a little concerned. This coming weekend (march 3 & 4) is our annual maple festival and for the first time in a decade I may have no sap to boil. Weather down here in southern Connectciut has been just too warm at night. I know most of the users of this forum are small to medium size operations. Does anyone know of a bigger producer that would be willing to sell some sap towards the end of this coming week (Friday pickup preferred)? I'm willing to pay a premium.

We are a non-profit farm that runs a sugar house. Our maple festival is popular with over 2,500 people attending some years. Hopefully the sap gods will answer and we'll be able to boil the real thing for the families that visit.

Tanta K
02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Will...I'm gong to have to boil water I think. Oh, well. Teaching is the #1 reason we do this, that is my focus, not the syrup!

Maple1
02-27-2012, 03:22 PM
just collected 50 gallons and probably another 50 by Wed

markct
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
you can always boil water with some dark syrup mixed in for aroma and color, i know a large producer who does this at times since everyone visiting a sugarhouse wants to see sap boiling of course!

wkies
02-27-2012, 06:06 PM
That's what I will do (drain back pan and boil water) but would really love to biol sap if I can. That is the reason I put out the call to see if anyone was willing to sell some. It is a great event and the families love the real thing (as do I). I'm willing to drive to pick it up and pay .75 cent a gallon. Please let me kow if you know any one that is willing to sell sap.

ejmaple
02-28-2012, 10:29 AM
still need sap? sent you a pm

ed