PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Container

jmp
02-23-2012, 06:14 PM
In your experience which containers do consumers like best? Glass? Plastic? Shape? Size? Thanks!

jmp
02-24-2012, 09:12 AM
55 views and no replies? Was it a stupid question? :)

PeddlerLakeSapper
02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
56... Just kidding. I like glass to show off how good my syrup is.

mapleack
02-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Our most popular is plastic quarts.

maplekid
02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
ive sold alot of syrup in glass this year. people like to see what there getting. but i know alot of people like the jugs too. they like the look of a traditional syrup jug.

StayinLowTech
02-24-2012, 11:05 AM
I've found that people buying for themselves like glass (even canning jars which seem more local) but I had much more demand for plastic jugs because so much is mailed out of town and as gifts. Two plastic quart jugs are the most cost efficient to mail (in a Medium Flat Rate box.) Most sales seem to be quarts and pints - the occasional half gallon - which is good because the smaller the container, the higher the price for your syrup.

highlandcattle
02-24-2012, 11:08 AM
We sell in plastic quarts, because that is the most popular size and easy to transport when I bring them to work. Glass is for the co-op and shows. I use mason jars for the country look with nice labeling and a bit of raffia. It's the packaging that catches the customers eye and then how good it is inside! That will bring them back! When I can get a good deal on glass from a distributor I pick it up, otherwise it's way too expensive! You pay for the bottle, not the syrup.

sugarmangraham
02-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I bottle in nothing but glass. I lke the way it looks and most of my customers lke to see the product that they are getting. Although I did have a request from one customer for the plastic jugs.

jmp
02-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Our glass is a best seller as well but I agree that plastic is much easier to ship. Thanks for comments guys!

Dave Puhl
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
The people that I sell too have like the plastic qaurt jugs over the years...I seen a few jugs dropped over time too...glad it wasent glass....