PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

Mogli
02-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey there all just saying hello and introducing myself. My name is Jon and thanks to Dave Bruinix in Macedon(I think I saw him on here) I'm back into one of my old hobbies. Back in highschool I work for a producer in berkshire county MA, which got me tapping at home for a few years. Then college at RIT. Since then I haven't had a chance to tap something(tree wise that is) until my g/f moved to the ithaca/watkins glen area right now got 20 taps in and slowly getting her hooked. My main battle is that she has collect sap all week as I'm finishing school in Rochester. Once she won't be doing the majority of lifting i think she'll be hooked for life. Got a cinder block arch made with two steam tray pans in use, the back pan has 4 ss tubes running through it thanks to Bill Mason's back pan layout and my friends and my tig welding skills. Have to take some pictures this weekend but for the money I have in this setup(just the evaporator- less than $20) I really cant complain about it's backyard attempt at a real setup, actually almost proud of it. Well back to writing so I can enjoy the smell of maple sap in the air this weekend. Cheers guys

Gary R
02-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Mogli, welcome to the trader. Once you get that girlfriend to boil for you, you'll know you have a keeper:lol: Have fun and good luck!

Mogli
02-23-2012, 06:29 PM
she's a keeper she dropped a doe in her backyard and skinned and gutted it herself, plus she skids small logs with her atv so i can cut them up for the fire. She'll get the bug soon enough, no worries

3fires
02-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the site Jon.

TerryEspo
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Dropped and gutted her own deer,,,Does she have a single sister ?? :lol:

Just kidding,,,love my wife,,,,, she won't even eat deer,,,welcome to the site.

Cheers !!

Mogli
02-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Dropped and gutted her own deer,,,Does she have a single sister ?? :lol:

Just kidding,,,love my wife,,,,, she won't even eat deer,,,welcome to the site.

Cheers !!

She does, hahah just not single. I still dont know how i got so lucky to be with her. Looking forward to this weekends boil.