PDA

View Full Version : Syrup Bottles?

DonMcJr
02-22-2012, 07:35 AM
I am gonna boil this weekend and I was wondering if there is anywhere near Port Huron, MI that I can pick up a few Syrup Bottles?

Only Plan on ending up with a Quart or so but I wanna put it in smaller Bottles to give some to my parents...Don't have time to do a Mail Order by the weekend...

THANKS!

whalems
02-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Lots of people use small canning jars and they work well. and there is a supplier in cass city. http://www.rickssugarbushandsupply.com/

happy thoughts
02-22-2012, 07:58 AM
if you can't find syrup bottles, canning jars work and they might be available locally. Some people have even used beer bottles. If you know of a winemaking or homebrew shop, they may also have a selection of bottles. Some carry jars for packing honey.

Whatever you put it in I know it's going to taste great and won't be long in the bottle. Enjoy the season:)

Dave B Urley
02-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Buy some wine in those small bottles, they come in a 4tight pack. Enjoy the wine reuse the bottle.

DonMcJr
02-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks!

I suppose for the 1st Boil Mason Jars will do... I just wanted to be Fancy and give it to Mom and Dad in one of them cool Maple Leaf Jars...:cool:

happy thoughts
02-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Just a thought Don, If you have a big craft store near you, sometimes they sell fancy bottles like that, usually for stuff like sand art. If sugaring is big in your area, local hardware stores might carry bottles, as well. Whatever you put it in, it's still going to taste good:).

DonMcJr
02-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks! I seen that the local Family, Farm and Home has the Starter Kits I bought online so maybe they have some...I'll have to look tomorrow!

BoarsNest
02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Another place to try sometime is Sugarbush Supplies near Lansing. They have a good selection and are very helpful.

http://www.sugarbushsupplies.com

ToadHallFarm
02-23-2012, 02:00 PM
The family farm and home in Richmond had bottles when I was there at the beginning of the week. They are not the maple leaf kind but they look nice.

DonMcJr
02-23-2012, 04:03 PM
The family farm and home in Richmond had bottles when I was there at the beginning of the week. They are not the maple leaf kind but they look nice.

Thanks I'm gonna swing by there tomorrow!

3fires
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I'll second Sugarbush supplies. I'm not affiliated, they just helped me out a lot. I'm pretty sure they'll ship glass.

DonMcJr
02-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks for reccomending Sugarbush 3fires! I ordered bottles and their hobby filter kits Monday Morning and got the package I think yesterday! :cool: Just saw it on the porch!