PDA

View Full Version : Frankenblower

lafite
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
I converted an old oil blower to add some horse power to my 2x4. We've named it the "Frankenblower"

I am currently using it in my draft door pointing up. I've seen a lot of posts about mounting it in the rear of the fire box. why would this be beneficial?

thanks in advance!

steve

MapleME
02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Well I think what you are seeing is people mounting it behind the firebox/ashpan (essentially under the evap) just to keep it out of the way. It doesn't matter where the blower is located per say, its more about where the air is going.... for example. I have my blower mounted to a piece of wood and connected by a cheap, 4" flex dryer hose (the metal kind). It then goes up under my grates and blows upwards. For people who have real airtight front doors, what you don't see is a manifold of some sort to distribute the air under the fire (AUF). On the outside you may see the blower mounted, on the inside it may connect to a series of small pipes set up to evenly distribute the air blowing up under the grates. So in short, doesn't matter where you mount it. actually some people with loud blowers mount them outside the shack!

lafite
02-22-2012, 06:10 AM
thank you MapleMe. I'll post a picture later as to why we named it.

lafite
02-22-2012, 05:38 PM

My Frankenblower!! ;)