PDA

View Full Version : High Output Arch

Starting Small
02-19-2012, 06:43 PM
I saw in a few places a high output arch advertised. What is it about the arch that makes it high output? How does it work and is it worth the extra money?

Vermonner
04-10-2012, 08:51 AM
My best guess is that it would probably be a 4x14, twin gun, oil fired with steamaway. That's my idea of a "high output" arch, but if you ask 10 producers, you could get 10 different answers. Can you contact the seller and ask for dimensions and fuel (oil or wood) type? That seems to me the best way to divine what they mean by high output. Vague term. Good luck.

nymapleguy607
04-10-2012, 10:10 AM
High output arches are generally the flag ship evaporator for a specific company. For wood fired evaporator it would be air tight with forced draft, and most likely have over and under fire air. So these would be like the Vortex, Inferno, Force 5, Hurricane Extreme Fire, Intens-o-Fire, and Tornado arches. Oil fired would have modulating oil guns and be super efficient. Basically the Thunderbolt, and Turbo 3. As far as worth the extra money, that really comes down to your needs. You can buy alot of RO for the price of these evaporators. The advantages would be in alolowing you to run more taps without upgrading the sugarhouse for a larger evaporator. Leader had some ads about running 1500 taps on a 2x10 Vortex with Max pans and a Steamaway, with an RO.