PDA

View Full Version : First boil of the season

miller maple
02-18-2012, 08:00 PM
well had the first boil of the season today, was really excited to fire up my new to me 3x8 evaporator, was a good feeling to finally have some hard work pay off. boiled 350 gal got a couple gallons of that liquid gold, i was happy it graded between a vermont fancy and grade A medium amber really happy with that cowing to to cold to run tomorrow, the weather for next week is looking better so i'm crossing my fingers. happy sugaring

stewardsdairy
02-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Hope the rig worked out good for you! Have a great season!

miller maple
02-18-2012, 10:51 PM
thanks paul ya it worked great just need to figure out all the little tricks of cookin on such a nice rig compared to what i have cooked on in the past. did you get your new rig yet?

stewardsdairy
02-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Still waiting!?! Hopefully by the end of this week. Thinking About tapping tomorrow and selling or trading sap.

SevenCreeksSap
02-19-2012, 07:47 PM
I thought it would be too cold today too but with the sun in the AM we had a pretty good run.

miller maple
02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
ya i thought the same thing but i checked my taps as well today and there were running a little bit, im hopeing we will have a good run tomorrow. we havent had a really good run yet