PDA

View Full Version : Insurance in NH

WHTTLHNTR
02-17-2012, 08:27 PM
This is more of a general question than a specific question to sugaring but has some relation. Does anyone insure a dump body in NH as a "personal" vehicle, if so who is your insurance co. I tried insuring a new to me truck tonight for put downpayment down and my insurance co. said they have to insure it as a commercial vehicle because of the dump body. So that caused the bank to pull the remaining money I was financing because they to them it would be a business loan. Any info would help very much. I am in a pickle. Thanks

markct
02-17-2012, 09:46 PM
How big of truck? if just like a one ton truck you may have better luck just reffering to it as a steel bed or such sometimes certain wording gets ins co all concerned

Russell Lampron
02-18-2012, 05:04 AM
My truck is a dual wheel 1 ton with a platform dump. When I insured it I didn't tell them that it has a dump bed and they didn't ask. I just told them it is a GMC Sierra 3500 and gave them the VIN.

WHTTLHNTR
02-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the responses. The problem was when I gave them the paper with the VIN in it there was a picture of the truck. Saw dump body and thats when it went down hill. I insured it had the binder sent over not thinking the bank would pull financing. Anyways long story short, I decided to just back into another pick up and buy used dumpbody on the cheap for the times I will need it. Insurance and banks are a PITA. Thanks again for the reply's.