PDA

View Full Version : No Sap Here---- Brushton N.Y

getting started
02-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Hung two buckets on my test tree 5 days ago ,only got about a quart of sap so far ! Gona wait at least till 25th or so to start and that maybe too early for buckets.

adk1
02-17-2012, 07:23 PM
probably a smart more. I should have waited for another week..only have 5 gallons on 120 taps

sugar ED
02-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Hung two buckets on my test tree 5 days ago ,only got about a quart of sap so far ! Gona wait at least till 25th or so to start and that maybe too early for buckets.
Hi Getting started ,Jusy seen ur post and see u live just down the road from my parents (lawrence) moved up there 2 yrs ago, like the area but but but it's cold !!! I started tapping(28 taps) wen.at 9 am, stopped running about 2 am thrs., started back running thus. 9 am and ran all night too,this morning at 10 ,55 gals sap. Now up to 105 taps and just checked the holding tanks with flash light, looks to be at about 140 gals ! But I'm in the NW corner of Onieda county ,farther south ,and starting a week or so soon than most years ! So I'd agree ,weather should be better for you next week or so !
Good luck sapping ,Ed

maple flats
02-18-2012, 05:54 AM
The sap will flow good when you get up to 40 degrees or higher, below that in the early part of the season flows little on gravity (or buckets).

adamsmithnny
02-18-2012, 08:00 PM
tapped and hung 78 buckets today. sap seemed to be running good. was expected to tap other 90 tomorrow. Tomorrow I will se how sap is actually running, I think I might hold off on the other 90. Will wait and see.