PDA

View Full Version : tapping in new milford

merryall
02-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Behind schedule building our new sugarhouse but decided to hang a few dozen buckets today and boil outside if necessary. Sap flowing well. How is the sugar content this year?

Noah's Ark
02-18-2012, 06:44 AM
I am over on Long Mountain and am working my second boil today. The sugar content was pretty low last last week. This week seemed better. Love the new sugarhouse. I am still doing it outside. Hope to increase and build something in a year of two. Once you are finished I would love to stop by and see the place.

merryall
02-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Stop by anytime. Getting firebrick now and Hoping to get the evaporator set up today. We are across from the white barns. About 20 gallons today from 20 taps. Trees with southern exposure overflowing buckets, everything in the shade more or less empty.

Noah's Ark
02-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks for letting us stop by and see your operation. The girls loved the trip and talked about the baby lamb all afternoon. I may have to build another shed and padock after the visit.

Hope you get the shack finished this year and get a couple more good boils before the end.

Mat