PDA

View Full Version : Who Hasen't Tapped yet?

PFHII
02-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Is there anyone out there who hasent tapped yet?

smokeyamber
02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I haven't tapped... on buckets, looks like it will run this week, but next week looks cold again. I will push to the 24th which is 2 weeks earlier than last year. Don't have everything ready anyway.. still building arch, expanding shack and haven't run my dumpstation lines:(... I still have the old setup so I could tap if it gets really nice.

northwoods_forestry
02-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Look to be plenty of untapped sugarbushes as I drove through Putney today. I put in a couple hundred today, second year in a row tapping out on Valentines Day!

Sugarmaker
02-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Still waiting in NW PA. Cant seem to put two days back to back with good 50 degree days yet!
Regards,
Chris

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-14-2012, 07:41 PM
all tapped now need to put arch together and set pans. pipe head tank, get filter tank out clean it, wire the blowers and lights, cut wood and get wood stacked closer to sugar house, did I leave anything out?

chevypower
02-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Well, we were hoping to be tapped for this week but that's not going to happen. Now we're shooting to be able to boil on the 21st if it runs. We still have a few things to do..... Get the new RO wired up and flushed, get the evaporator plumbed up to the fuel tank and do a test boil, shorten some laterals and add on some more, install some saddles, wire up some pullys for the copula doors and stack, and drill and tap hopefully around 3,000 spouts. Next week if all of the above is done we'll work on tapping as many of the 900 taps on buckets as we can manage. All this and I'm tired already!

Mapledawg
02-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I can't believe I haven't yet. Im on gravity tubing, holding out for a consistent run. Figure, I will this week (poss tues) for a good run This week end. Hopefully followed by a good week next week.