PDA

View Full Version : Dont have end rings?

briduhunt
02-12-2012, 08:13 PM
We ran 400' of main line and 500' of lats this weekend and I have a few quesitons on ending the lats. What can I do or use if I do not have the leader end rings. My local supplier does not carry them or even use them himself. I can not ask him how he does his, as he is in the deep south untill March 1. Our goal is to finish the lats by Monday of the next week as we have the a long weekend to hopefully finish, but I an not sure how to end the lats. I would like to tap the weekend of the 25th, and time is running short so any help would be greatly helpful.

thanks

May the sap be with you.

spencer11
02-12-2012, 08:17 PM
i use end rings but you could use a T instead. or just wrap it around the tree more then once to make it tight. i dont know what else you could do. have strapping on the side of the lats to pull it tighter maybe?

spencer

West Mountain Maple
02-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I was in a pinch today and was using tees, just cut enough tube to make a loop around the tree allowing for growth and connect it around the tree to one side of the tee and the dropline barb, then continue the lat downhill off the last fitting, and add a dropline either on the loop around the tree or on the lat downstream of the endline tee. I see this as a better alternative to an endline ring because the sap can drain around the tree both ways, no yuk sitting in the dead end. I'd like to hear any opinions on this method too.

tuckermtn
02-12-2012, 09:28 PM
lapierre end slides with the extra clip are what I use. Call them "choo-choo" fittings b/c the two fittings on the top look like a train.

your maple supplier is down south till March 1st? odd time to be away if you are in the maple equipment business.

danno
02-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I've probably got a half bag of end rings around if you wanna come pick them up - I'm probably 30 miles east of you. I'm also driving down to my dealer tomorrow for supplies - I can pick some up for you if you want.

stoweski
02-13-2012, 05:56 AM
What the heck is he doing in the south during the season? Wow! I guess he made his bottom line and doesn't need any more $$! I thought this is when people need last minute things!

You can use the slide fittings that Lapierre carries. Tie a wire around the tree and hook the slide fitting to it. Works just fine for me.

mapleguy
02-13-2012, 08:41 AM
We ran 400' of main line and 500' of lats this weekend and I have a few quesitons on ending the lats. What can I do or use if I do not have the leader end rings. My local supplier does not carry them or even use them himself. I can not ask him how he does his, as he is in the deep south untill March 1. Our goal is to finish the lats by Monday of the next week as we have the a long weekend to hopefully finish, but I an not sure how to end the lats. I would like to tap the weekend of the 25th, and time is running short so any help would be greatly helpful.

thanks

May the sap be with you.

hi I have a gravity system and unless you have vaccuum I wouldn't use the end rings, leader and lapierre have what are called end forks or end Y fittings leader part# 4735 or 4734 or what I use lapierre part #tuo29-000000j4s these are much less cost wise too

Amber Gold
02-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Use 3/8" hollow core rope...you can find it at Lowe's. Works great, adjustable, and one less fitting to leak.

Maplewalnut
02-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Order from Bascoms today and you'll have them by end of week. Or find next closest supplier and contact them.

Dill
02-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Seriously the rope trick is where its at. Yes it takes a while to get used to, but its cheap and works great. Then I just put a stubbie on that end and done. Also I can tighten up the lateral a lot easier down the road with the rope.

davey
02-13-2012, 03:37 PM
I have all sorts of different options. Call me or stop over

briduhunt
02-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for all the replys. I never thought of the different options. And davey I for got all about you. I will call you tommorow to make arrangements to stop over this week.

thanks again
Brian

Big John
02-13-2012, 07:09 PM
CDL end hooks, not a loop. that way you can unhook from the tree if need to. And even use them as a tie back, or up, or down, very handy!!