PDA

View Full Version : Who has started tapping in nh?

Brian Ledoux
02-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Just wondering how many nh folks have tapped so far? I noticed a few people have already tapped in connecticut. I haven't tapped yet, myself. -Brian

spencer11
02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
i got all my taps in havent gotton a lot of sap yet but next week looks very promising. i have got about 50 gallons over the past few days. didnt collect today just cause nothing ran.

spencer

tuckermtn
02-12-2012, 09:18 PM
here you go...http://mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?15734-Who-is-tapped-in-NH

Richard Gress
02-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I have 50 taps in. Boiled down about 70 gallons to get my first gallon (plus 8 oz of syrup) Fairly light in color. Looks like a few cold days in the beginning of the week, then mid week I collect and next Sat cook. Not sure we'll know til the end of season if we tapped in too early. Here's to hopping into the deep end of the pool with both feet! Good luck!

PerryW
02-16-2012, 06:25 AM
I Usually wait until Mar 1 before I venture into the sugarhouse but I see that the other guy in my town just tapped on Feb 14. Gonna keep an eye on his buckets (and the 10-day) and may start tapping next week. Other than today and tomorrow, it looks too cold for sap flow in the Littleton area.

red maples
02-16-2012, 06:35 AM
I am all tapped. sap started to flow last week but the big freeze over the weekend stopped everything. The weather forcast has been wrong this whole week. its has been cloudy with temps at 40* so and things are barely running even with vac. Just waiting for the ground to warm a little more and things to break free!!!

PerryW
03-14-2014, 11:24 PM
I might bore some holes tomorrow just to make sure I remember how. Looks warm enough so my droplines won't snap when I uncoil them. Looks like no sap flow here for at least another week+ here in the Littleton area.

Homestead Maple
03-16-2014, 09:57 PM
I might bore some holes tomorrow just to make sure I remember how. Looks warm enough so my droplines won't snap when I uncoil them. Looks like no sap flow here for at least another week+ here in the Littleton area.

I started tapping this past week and maybe a hand full were wet. After this cold spell the next few days it will be a day or two before trees start running. Maybe by the coming weekend.