PDA

View Full Version : Maple Syrup Price Survey

Russell Lampron
02-12-2012, 05:51 AM
Hi Bodie, congrats on the new presidency. When I got home from the regional meeting in Henniker I realized that we didn't do the maple syrup price survey that we usually do. Was it just an oversight? Is it being done at the other regional meetings or are we not doing it anymore? I use it as a guide to price my syrup and look forward to seeing it in The Weekly Market Bulletin.

sugaringman85
02-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Have you gotten the Maple Digest yet? There is a new price guide for sap that they have that is out. It is based on bulk prices and the amount you pay for the processing and production of the syrup. There is a lot of different options to use for the price of sap, and i think it could get very very confusing. Not sure even how to use it yet. I know thats not the price sheet your looking for but it sure was interesting to see. Hope we do get a average price for syrup soon. I'll be interested to see if I'm close to what the average is. Good luck this season!

Russell Lampron
02-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Have you gotten the Maple Digest yet? There is a new price guide for sap that they have that is out. It is based on bulk prices and the amount you pay for the processing and production of the syrup. There is a lot of different options to use for the price of sap, and i think it could get very very confusing. Not sure even how to use it yet. I know thats not the price sheet your looking for but it sure was interesting to see. Hope we do get a average price for syrup soon. I'll be interested to see if I'm close to what the average is. Good luck this season!

I did get the Maple Syrup Digest and was confused by the sap pricing guide as well. Bulk syrup prices are set usually after our season is over. If I was selling sap I wouldn't want to wait to find out what I was going to be paid. I want to know up front.

red maples
02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
One year I wll get to a regional meeting. Its just tough to get up there on a weekday!!! I would love to raise my prices $1 across the board but with the economy blah blah blah I will just leave it at least for this year. My customers like my prices and I am in the same range as everyone and farmers markets as well.

maple maniac65
02-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi Bodie, congrats on the new presidency. When I got home from the regional meeting in Henniker I realized that we didn't do the maple syrup price survey that we usually do. Was it just an oversight? Is it being done at the other regional meetings or are we not doing it anymore? I use it as a guide to price my syrup and look forward to seeing it in The Weekly Market Bulletin.

Thanks for the reminder of the oversight. We normally hand out a hand sheet to be filled out for the average price of syrup. I do not know if it was done in Westmoreland. I will email Don and maybe he can send an email out to everyone and just maybe he will get some responses back.
Bodie