PDA

View Full Version : sap in laterals

JeremyHescock
03-14-2006, 11:26 AM
This is my first time using pipeline and it seems that not venting is the thing to do(or not do in this case), so I have 100 taps on pipe not vented anywhere. You can see sap in the laterals, they appear to be full for long lengths, is this normal or does it need to be vented someplace? So far kind of early to tell if I am getting as much sap as I should.

Thanks for any input,
Jeremy

mountainvan
03-14-2006, 02:53 PM
if your laterals are on fairly level land and sagging a bit it's normal. When the saps flowing good you should see a column of sap followed by co2 moving through the tubing. If your tubings on a slope it should'nt be full of sap unless you have to many taps/lateral. hope this helps. by the way venting just lets bacteria in the tubing/taphole more quickly.

maplehound
03-14-2006, 03:54 PM
My lateral's ussually run full. The fuller the better I think. But when we first started we weren't to sure about it either. Even now we sometimes get impatent with it and pull the end tap just so it will drain out. Although you probably shouldn't do that. The lines will eventually drain most of the way out if they are on a good slop, after the run ends.
Ron