PDA

View Full Version : Dividers Need Help QUICK

4rjn
02-11-2012, 09:38 AM
I would like some input on installing dividers in the finish pan. As usual I am way behind on getting my rig ready for this year. I made a complete unit last year and learned enough to think I could use a bigger nicer one. So I was up till 4:30 last night and got the finish pan all cut out and some of the welding done but my question is do I just tack the dividers in or do they need to be water tight. If water tight would it be best to just tig the whole length or is there another way. Thanks Rod

spencer11
02-11-2012, 09:50 AM
at this point if you need to hurry and get it done. just tack them in. they dont NEED to be water tight but they should be if you can do it. i have been up late working on stuff to tryong to get it done for the next day. and its a pain!

spencer

Sugarmaker
02-11-2012, 10:11 AM
They need to be water tight or you may as well leave them out. The syrup will blend between the partitions rather than stay different density in each partition. You could Tig solid the prefered method. Or you could solder them after tacking.
Regards,
Chris

kinalfarm
02-11-2012, 10:44 AM
The guy that built my pan just tacked the dividers with a tig than he silver solders
Them so it wouldn't warp. If you use a iron it works pretty well but a torch is harder to use.