PDA

View Full Version : Started tapping in crown point ny

cpmaple
02-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Welll yesterday i went and put in 276 taps that are on vac sap was running really well. Today i will get the rest of them put in and turn vac on and look for leaks . I should be done with those by mid morning since i only have 140 left to do for right now. then i may add another 200 to it if things work out.looks like a freeze for the weekend then two night week of sugaring coming our way here.well i will keep you all post of how things are going. cpmaple

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-10-2012, 05:58 AM
may the sap run hard for you cp

cpmaple
02-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Well got all tapped in yesterday 416 total on vac now to deal with the releaser that is leaking by on the dump door. Headed to St. Albans in a bit to get new gaskets to see if that fixes it or not should. Then i may run a few more lats off the last main line to hit 500 on vac. Ran really well yesterday on gravity got 430 gallons of sap tested at 1.9%. Fixed a few leaks but well have everything 100% for tuesdays run should be boiling by end of week. let the sap run hard

lakeview maple
02-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Good for you CP,hope you get all those leaks stopped.I tapped my first 100 yesterdayand it was running really well,Im going to do the other sugarbush today in hopes of a couple good days after this cold snap,take care and Ill swing up some time .Al

adk1
02-11-2012, 08:29 AM
think I am gonna tap in on Tuesday as well. Sunday and monday look real cold.

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-11-2012, 01:34 PM
tap on sunday or monday ADK and you will be ready for tuesdays run and boil tuesday nite get pan sweet, Im tapping monday probably boil wed or thursday, still getting sugar house ready, setting arch tomorrow drop flue pan in get head tank plumbed in then pull out wait for blanket, blanket coming prob tuesday or wed.