PDA

View Full Version : can I delay finishing?

eustis22
02-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm boiled all down to my last dregs and I'm ready to finish on the stove. Do I have to finish or can I refrigerate and finish the next day?

I'm sorry if this has been asked but I don't know how to frame the search question.

KV Sappers
02-09-2012, 09:23 PM
You can finish whenever.

sugar ED
02-09-2012, 10:48 PM
agree with KV sappers , but keep in Stainless Steel (BEST)or glass or food grade plastic .

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
02-10-2012, 06:07 AM
I run a 2x3 Half Pint evaporator. I have continuous flow so i can keep concentrating the near to almost syrup in the last part of the pan. this weekend i will drain them and finish all on the stove. You want to do it with in a reasonable time though, dont let it sit in the pans for like 5 days, or it could spoil when warm, or make syrup darker. i usually finish with in a bout 2-3 days from a big boil.
J.C.

eustis22
02-10-2012, 08:48 AM
I have my remains in a stainless steel pot in the fridge for the nonce

red maples
02-10-2012, 09:34 AM
yeah its cold enough you can even keep it outside. Syrup even if under dense will be fine for a little while as long as its cool. I filter mine then put it right in to a 5 gallons when its full I reheat filter and hot pack it back into a 5 gallon contatiner. which usually isn't until the end of the season so it stays in there for up to a month sometimes. in the sugarhouse but like I said its still cold out so you will be fine don't worry. no big deal!!!

eustis22
02-10-2012, 09:41 AM
thanks, Brad.,....I appreciate everyone's help on this.