PDA

View Full Version : bernard single mechanical

pierre
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM
just got the new releaser and hooked it up to pump and filled a tank w/water to test it and its leaking around the gasket on the top of the tank it has two latches to hold the top down it should have 3-4 in my opinion . but if you push down a little in between the two latches it seals and it starts to suck sap but as soon as it dumps it wont cycle because it lost suction and if you push down again it works :evil:any thoughts on this has it happened to you ?please help!!!!!!:(

batsofbedlam
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Put some food grade grease on the gasket. It might hold a seal then.

Brian Ryther
02-08-2012, 05:02 PM
What is your vac level. They do not work very well below 15".

sugaringman85
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
I have had the same issues. I had high vacuum, over 20 if not 23 or better. It would dump fine, but then it wouldn't seal so the back chamber would seal off and fill up then filling the mainline. I didn't notice the seal on the main part. The thing that worked for me was using the extractor oil, don't know what it is really but its from lapierre, on the shaft of the float helped it a lot. I had to apply oil almost once a day. also used some vasaline type stuff, also from lapierre, on all of the rubber gaskets. got me through the best season we ever had and plan on using it again this year.

Russell Lampron
02-08-2012, 06:10 PM
That's about the only problem that I didn't have with mine. The top cover can be put on in different positions. You can try rotating it 90 degrees and see if it seals then. Put food grease on the cover o-ring seal and make sure that the o-ring seal isn't torn or deformed.

pierre
02-08-2012, 07:04 PM
i put a ratchet strap over the top put a piece of wood on each side and ratcheted it snug it works fine but after paying 900 bucks for it i shouldnt have to do this when all they have to do is add 1 or 2 more clamps on it . engineering flaw but tomorrow ill try the lube but i dont think that will work cause theres quite a bit of difference in there

wiam
02-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Call the dealer. For that kind of money it needs to work properly.

Greenwich Maple Man
02-08-2012, 09:56 PM
i put a ratchet strap over the top put a piece of wood on each side and ratcheted it snug it works fine but after paying 900 bucks for it i shouldnt have to do this when all they have to do is add 1 or 2 more clamps on it . engineering flaw but tomorrow ill try the lube but i dont think that will work cause theres quite a bit of difference in there

I would be sure the company makes good on it. You are only applying a band-aid with different kinds of oil. It needs to work right or else you will always be fighting it. If it were me I would demand either a new top (if that is the case) or a new releaser. One of the two.

pierre
02-10-2012, 07:36 AM
well i talked to my dealer at thunder bay maple supply in michigan an they are going to replace it so i'm happy