PDA

View Full Version : Busch Mink Series Vacuum Pumps

Whitfield
02-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Any one out there using the Busch Mink Series vacuum pumps? I am interested in the vacuum levels achieved and whether there are any maintenance issues. I would think these pumps would be more prone to damage if they were hit with a surge of sap than a liquid vane pump. Also I have concern about traces of sugar gumming up the lobes in the pump since they run with very close tolerances.

On the plus side the price seem reasonable, one eliminates the need for oil or water and they seem to achieve relatively good CFM's at low pressures.

DrTimPerkins
02-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Any one out there using the Busch Mink Series vacuum pumps?

We got two of them last year. One for a satellite woods and one for the main woods. Short answer is....LOVE them. No oil, no water, quiet, low maintenance. Yes....you should be very concerned about pulling sap into them. If you do, there is no question...you are sending it back to the factory for refurbishing. Put in a REALLY good moisture trap (or two). We pulled about 26" in the main bush and 24-25" in the other (experimental area with a LOT of mainline out there).

Whitfield
02-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Thank you - appreciate the input

sapman
02-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Preliminarily, I love mine! Can't wait to pull sap, hopefully tomorrow. Also love the data display on the VFD. Can see how much power I'm using.

02-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Anybody have a link?