PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel chews!

SandMan
02-07-2012, 03:34 PM
I've seen several post this year with folks struggling to fix squirrel chew damage. I had just recently put up a new mainline and laterals...two days later, I found significant squirrel damage on the end of one of these new laterals. I replaced the whole drop and part of the lateral. I then placed a small amount of an "OTC" stuff called THUM on the end of the stubby and the exposed areas of the t-piece. Several days have now passed and no further damage...not even touched! THUM is a chemical that you paint on childrens thumb nail in order to get them to stop sucking their thumb. It does leave a slight white residue on the black fittings that I applied it to. I used a very small amount and was careful not to get it near the inside of the stubby.

I've only tried this on this one drop....anyone else ever tried this??????

Thad Blaisdell
02-07-2012, 03:37 PM
so now when you tap, you will touch those fittings. then you will touch the new spout, possible transfer of this stuff onto/into the tap. Good luck to you.

red maples
02-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Squirrel chews are one of those things we all have to deal with... I hunt them back there they can be tough but I eat them anyway greys not reds...red squirrels are too small. I think putting anything on on the plastic could be potentially dangerous so I would avoid it. but thats just me.... just get yourself a nice little pellet gun with a scope or a 20 gauge and have some fun!!!!