PDA

View Full Version : Westchester County NY 2012

convertible_lincoln
02-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Wondering who else may be in Westchester County, and when you're tapping? I started this last weekend with just a few taps, will do the rest probably 2/7 or 2/8. I'm small-time and completely novice, so looking for anyone else that has a better idea of what's going on around here with our very strange winter weather. Thanks in advance!

convertible_lincoln
02-12-2012, 09:10 PM
So I put out 11 more taps on Wednesday 2/8 and my last 5 taps today, 2/12. Anyone else tapping in Westchester?
Thanks,
-John

Greenwich Maple Man
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
So I put out 11 more taps on Wednesday 2/8 and my last 5 taps today, 2/12. Anyone else tapping in Westchester?
Thanks,
-John

Sorry John, I'm several hours North of you. I started tapping my vacuum bushes last Sat. You might get some sap this week ! Hope you are having fun thus far. Welcome to the world of sugaring. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

convertible_lincoln
02-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Greenwich, I definitely have a fair amount of sap this week, although it didn't freeze last night and only got down to 32 the night before, so we'll see. I'll be boiling this weekend! Thanks for the encouragement, I'm a small-time back yard novice, but this is good fun. I'm already thinking about making the transition from Turkey Fryer to some sort of block arch setup. I know that I'm a gear head, so new tools / gadgets are my thing!