PDA

View Full Version : What kind of tubing do you use??

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-12-2006, 02:00 PM
There are hundreds of producers on here and I am curious to what kind of tubing each of you use and what would you recommend and what should people stay away from?? Most of my woods are mainly Beaver River and I love it. Hard to work with but stays extremely clean and doesn't sag hardly at all. I have a little Lamp 30p also and so far, I like it too. I bought 9 rolls off of the maple guys a couple of years ago of the Beaver River, but they no longer carry it, so I am going to have to go to something else??

Is the Lapierre any good???

maple flats
03-12-2006, 05:03 PM
I bought some this year and find that it is easy to work with but seams to sag more than the 30P I have for most of mine. I have had to retighten several times and will soon cut out a section in some lines 30" long which I will use for future drops. Have not decided if I will order more yet. Price is right but if sag continues it will not be ordered just for drops in my case.

maplehound
03-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I use Lapiere tubing as well. Havn't had any trouble with it. I recomend using the semi rigid on all your branch lines and stay away from the rigid tubing. It is easier to work with and you only have one type instead of 2 to deal with. Also it works best if you are using the new slide fittings on the end tree and the mainline connections.
Ron

brookledge
03-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I use Lamb 30P for all my laterals and then use IPL 4 season for drops.
Keith

powerdub
03-12-2006, 09:52 PM
I use the Lapierre rigid for everything and love it. I have had no problems with sagging (from the tubing anyway). I have used the light blue stuff when I ran out of Lapierre and it is o.k. but there is just something I like about the white Lapierre better.

Parker
03-13-2006, 04:42 AM
THis year I got 22? rolls of MAPLEFLEX (ridgid) from the mapleguys,,I am very happy with it so far,,the rest of my woods have lamb 30-p wich I am very happy with,,but seems too expensive to use now,(I still have 250 taps on IPL 4 seasons that is 5 years old,,I dont like the non-ridgid tubing at all, too many sags and dosent go togther as well or stay togther as well,,in my opinion),,I cant say enough about what a fantastic deal I got from the mapleguys and how great their service was,,,

mapleman3
03-13-2006, 07:43 AM
30P and like it so far

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Parker,

What is mapleflex? Is it the rigid light blue Lapierre??

mountainvan
03-14-2006, 06:29 AM
I have so many different "brands" of tubing its hard to know what's what. I prefer the rigid, leader gray, lapeirre, waterloo, but not ipl. that's to stiff for me. I've basically bought the least expensive stuff. diffentlly semirigid for drops.