PDA

View Full Version : Another one about cancer!!!

red maples
02-06-2012, 05:25 PM
So I got the phone call today right after lunch from my Mom and she has been diagnosed with Anal Cancer. it is very isolated but she still has to go through with the Chemo(sp?) and radiation treatments surgery is not really recommended at this point it more of a last resort. She has some more testing to go through this week and then she should be good to start he treatments hopefully by early next week.

So please keep her in your thoughts and prayers while she goes through this treatment. The doctors say she has a very very good chance that they will kill it but for those who know what a stress the treatments put on the body I hope she does OK with it!!! She's not in the best of shape!!! I haven't spoke to my Dad yet to see how he's doing with all this but they are strong people and have been through a lot together I am sure they will make it through this as well.

I am actually glad I decided to tap early because it is really helping to occupy my mind since I got the bad news this afternoon.

Thanks everybody!!!

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
02-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Very sorry to hear that news. Maple will help you keep your mind off of it for sure. Hope everything turns out alright, and keep us posted on how your doing.
J.C.

SDdave
02-06-2012, 06:33 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

SDdave

Bucket Head
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. However, just keep in mind what modern medicine can do these days. The treatments will do a number on her, but the doctor would not have said, "a very, very good chance" if it were not true. Let us know how she's doing. And tell her in addition to all the family and friends, everybody on Mapletrader is thinking of her too!

Steve

mnguy
02-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your parents. Hope everything goes well. We have had some boughts in our family with parents having cancer.

Mike