PDA

View Full Version : Sap Bag Filters

Dan W
02-05-2012, 11:32 AM
How many of you use the bags to filter your sap going into the storage tank? How do you clean them? I have turned mine inside out, flushed from the inside then so not to drive the dirt further into the filter and can still not get all of the dirt and smell out. I bought a new one for this year so I will use that on the next run but what about the old one? All sugestions are appreciated!

wiam
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
We change ours out every day and replace it with a clean one. My wife cleans it with hot water and hangs it to dry. After a while they get nasty and get thrown out. We go though 5-6 per season.

Dan W
02-05-2012, 05:27 PM
I have a tough enough time getting the Warden to do laundry let alone washing filters LOL. That's kind of what I was thinking. Last week we had 2 days of 60 degree weather and there was a lot of ants and knats. I don't think even a clorox mix can clean them. I guess that is the cost of having a quality product. I'm thinking about using cheap Walmart pillow cases and throwing them out every couple of days-way cheaper in the long run than using the bag filters. I still filter before the RO so I am just looking to get rid if the bugs and bark. Thanks for the reply!!

adk1
02-06-2012, 07:04 PM
what else can you use as a sap filter???

02-06-2012, 07:16 PM
I am going to use my old cone filter cause I am upgrading to flat filters:)

maple tim
02-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I have used pipe line filters for years now. A old timer put me on to them. Use 1 every day and then throw out. U can get them at the local dairy supply store.

adk1
02-06-2012, 07:56 PM
oh thats right..well, we dont have any local dairy supply stores but I do have a Tractor Supply store..

Bucket Head
02-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I use the milk filters too. Their cheap, they work very well, and then they go in the can!

Steve

Maple Hobo
02-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Some old timers around used to use things like tube socks as a fill tank filter.
I used a cotton pillow case.

Now we have the pop filters. Used them last year without the ring they pop onto.
This year with the ring... its much easier.

To change it, just lift it up and slip it off the ring. POP on the new one... invert the bag and shake out any solids... rinse with the spray nozzle in the kitchen sink. Toss in the laundry.