PDA

View Full Version : Looking for spouts & tubing for only 2-4 taps

The Dude
02-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to tap only one or two trees this year, to let my 4 year old daughter experience the process while keeping it simple with a brand new baby here. Previously I hung milk jugs from about a dozen taps and quickly realized the flaws. I told myself I'd try covered 5 gallon buckets on the ground with tubing next time.

I'm looking to get my hands on 4 spouts and 10-15 foot of tubing. It seems my only option with tubing on maple supply sites is huge spools. Is there anyone in Centre County, PA who could spare these materials? I am not sure what the forum rules are about buying/trading, but I'll gladly pay you for them. Actually, if you live anywhere in the USA and would be willing to ship me these, I'll pay for shipping too. For tubing, I'd prefer a natural color that doesn't stand out in the woods like the bright blue does.

Thanks,
Tom

02-04-2012, 05:17 AM
You could get some nice metal sap buckets on eBay for a decent price plus they look nice

maple flats
02-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Do you know where a producer is in your area? If yes, just go to him and ask. Will be a fun trip and there aren't many producers who would not help you out. Good luck. Another is to seek out a dealer in your area, most will cut tubing and sell any taps etc individually. It allows them to get you hooked. I started before the first season with 20 taps and a few feet of tubing, before that season I was back and bought 50 more with a partial roll of tubing. Ever since I've bought in bags of 100 and tubing coils of 500' x several. They figure you will get the addiction.
Dave

upsmapleman
02-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Send me a email at millersmaple@epix.net I can fix you up with whatever you want. I live in north central PA.

wcproctor
02-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Send me a email at millersmaple@epix.net I can fix you up with whatever you want. I live in north central PA.
If upsmapleman can't help send me a email maplemanux@gmail.com