PDA

View Full Version : Tapping in cooleyville

cooleyvillefarm
02-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Tapped a test hole at 1 pm an the sap was running hard hung 35 buckets yesterday and hope to hang 65 more 2 day...should have enough sap to start "sweeting" the pans by saturday gary 5th year of addiction

Maxfields maple
02-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Hey Gary,i think i should be tapping too.The problem is ,i sold my pans and are waiting for my new ones to come in from smokey lake maple.I want to boil and the weathers looking right.......Dave

cooleyvillefarm
02-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Hi dave....i've got 100 buckets out now..gonna add another 10 today at the mayors house..have to wait till the 15th to tap quabbin lot..looking for more buckets if ya know anybody...so much for staying small...got about 80 gals of sap..not enuff to start up yet...tomorrow's looking good.....sap is 2% so far...had 1 tree that was 5 % last yr....when r u gonna tap? Good luck gary

Maxfields maple
02-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi dave....i've got 100 buckets out now..gonna add another 10 today at the mayors house..have to wait till the 15th to tap quabbin lot..looking for more buckets if ya know anybody...so much for staying small...got about 80 gals of sap..not enuff to start up yet...tomorrow's looking good.....sap is 2% so far...had 1 tree that was 5 % last yr....when r u gonna tap? Good luck garyIm hoping next weekend.Ive sold my pan and the new one wont be in till thursday or friday.Everybuddys tapping now.The stone sugerhouse in petersham is really cool,stoped buy yeasterday and sied hi.Let me no when youre boiling,i will take a run up and check it out.Ive got alot of time on my hands now.Dave

mapleman3
02-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Dave...what's the status with the new sugarhouse? I may drive around wed night....you around that night if not boiling we can tour around if others are boiling

Sent from my Awesome Verizon Droid Charge ! Using Tapatalk