PDA

View Full Version : Took a fall... OUCH

mapleman3
03-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Ok maybe I was rushing, but I was collecting buckets today, one of my roadsides at a farm down the road a piece, the trees are up on a hill with a lot of rocks and boulders around them AND **** VINES, well I had a full 5 gal pail from a couple taps there, and as I was walking down a vine grabbed my leg and wammo there goes me down, knee hit a rock and full pail GONE :evil: , funny it hurt then, but later forgot about it, NOW it hurts as I'm sitting here at the computer... BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!

saphead
03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Nothing better than a sap sucker(positive diplacement gear pump) for roadside trees!Cuts down big time on gathering time and pain inflicted to ones body. I've had lot's of falls over the years, not fun.

mapleman3
03-10-2006, 07:50 PM
that may be in the future plans, is it faster than dumping buckets? it takes me 1 1/2 hrs to collect after work.

brookledge
03-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Jim
Definatly nice to have gear pump with 50' suction only thing is it is nice to have two people one to drive the truck and the other to walk along the road. When I first started with buckets that is how I did it. You don't even take the bucket off the tree just stick the suction in the bucket. Also you never lose any from tripping over vines :)
Keith

mapleman3
03-10-2006, 09:36 PM
how do you control the on/off, as your walk?

brookledge
03-10-2006, 09:40 PM
You just let it run. most that I have seen and used run on gas engines.
Same type of pump used on filter presses only bigger.
Keith