PDA

View Full Version : running like crazy in wny

bowtie
01-31-2012, 05:12 PM
i saw that my neighbor had his taps out on sunday, caught up with today collecting, had over 50 gallons in tank from 35-40 buckets and they were "just a drippin". so i walked home a tapped my yard trees and they all are running,6 sugars and 1 silver, if they continue to run like they are they will be full in the morning. sap tasted "sweet" and my neighbor said his hands were "sticky" so i woould think the sugar content is decent, i'm buying a sap hyrdometer tomorrow to test. ready or not as soon my buckets come in i am going to be tapping in the woods. i will rushing to get set up but somehow i will boiling this weekend. not enough wood, still have not found tanks but when the sun shines you "gotta" make hay. let the fun begin!!!

adk1
01-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Everyone around here is still holding off, even though I would agree that I could be making syrup if I were ready this weekend! Good luck to you!

AdirondackSap
01-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Adk1 i just put my taps in today im just south of you sap is running like crazy and temps are going to be in the upper 30s for the extended forcast

adk1
01-31-2012, 07:47 PM
yeah man, I am not ready yet though! Need to run more tubing this weekend. Hope to be 100% ready by the end of the weekend..Here's to hoping!

irisrhblood70
02-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Hoping to tap this thursday in livonia ny. 30 taps on buckets. I think this is going to be a short season, especially if we miss the first run.

82cabby
02-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Tapped about 1/3 on Sunday, not much on Monday but yesterday buckets were 1/2 full. Emptied them all and this morning they were full to the top. I decided to put up another 3rd yesterday and they were running like mad. I will definitely be boiling all weekend.