PDA

View Full Version : belchertown

sapbrush
01-31-2012, 02:44 PM
well tapped 30 into day running real good, im not waiting jim

Fishgill
01-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Good for you. I think I'm going for it next week.

judgejp
01-31-2012, 04:51 PM
I tapped 50 more this am and all are runnnig good. Boy ,the sun came out at noon and the whole place turned on like a switchl. 35 degrees now and hope it gets cold cause tomorrow should be productive. Still about 2 weeks earlier than usual but the long range sure looks like a stretch of good sapping temps at least at my latitude.

log cabin luke
01-31-2012, 06:12 PM
tapped in about 400 around brookfields and charlton last two days 200 more taps to go. Still running at 7 pm. got over .5 gallon per tap on gravity. temp should drop below freezing tonight if clouds stay away

Tithis
01-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Stop making me jealous. I'm planning right after the bit of cold expected next week passes. I'd consider tapping for tomorrow but its supposed to rain tomorrow and my sap bucket covers are still in the mail.

Any sugar readings yet?

wcproctor
01-31-2012, 06:50 PM
I got about 75 in today and looking to do 75 more tomorrow and got about 20 gal

sapbrush
01-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Hi all did anyone notice some trees are starting to bud already in jan unbeleivabel, so its time to GET ER DONE

Farmboy
01-31-2012, 10:05 PM
My drill trigger finger has the itch to start tapping. Two different weather stations have te 10 day forcast showing perfect temps. I need to brick my evaporator still though. I worked on getting my vacuum system set up today. Kneed to run my vac line across the field to the releaser and set the tank and releaser. Luckly I have a half day of school Thursday. Hopefully everything will be done and I will be tapped in on Sunday. My new front pan should be shipped any day now from smoky lake maple. I can't wait to boil with it this year.

sapbrush
02-13-2012, 01:49 PM
WELL been doing prety good here, until yesterday when the deep freeze came, could actually use the break to clean my evaporator, been making real lite fancy stuff, never have been able to make that, kind of wierd, or maybe i have finally figured everything out after 12 years lol, made some changes to the arch last year when i was unabel to tap because of slipped discs in my neck, so i got going early this year and it has payed off,so may your drill be sharp and the sap all 3 percent

sapbrush
02-26-2012, 04:01 PM
WELL just finished off another 5 gallons of real light stuff, going real good here

Clan Delaney
02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
I've fed 131 gallons into the evaporator over about 25 hours total and I've yet to fill a one gallon jug with finished syrup, and it is not light. So far, this is not my favorite year. We shall see.

sapbrush
02-27-2012, 07:39 AM
well i tapped realy early this year feb 2nd, been running good off and on, i got layed off so i have plenty of time to make it but wow 131 gallons no syrup yet, ive been averageing around 60 to 1 here, proves its all about location i guess , yes and it all has been light so far, i bioled down some more last nite and it seemed a tad darker, but still lighter then i have ever made jim

mapleman3
02-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I was with Maplewis last night boiling and he kept putting in sap and no drawoff....I think its time to test sugar content.

PAT I got your message and I do have a sap hydrometer and refractometer....I should test both yours and Bryons.....I may be around tomorrow evening...what's your cell now?

Sent from my Awesome Verizon Droid Charge ! Using Tapatalk

sapbrush
02-29-2012, 09:07 PM
made another 2 gallons tonite, darker than the last but taste great jim

sapbrush
03-04-2012, 09:19 AM
well i ran out of wood so im all done, hasnt been to great of a year but i did make some real light stuff, so good luck to the rest of you, i tapped early, thought id have enough wood but ya know. either no wood or no sap thats sugaring for ya, keep the faith JIM