PDA

View Full Version : Tapped in Allegheny County

Dan W
01-31-2012, 08:06 AM
Hung all the buckets on Friday and Saturday. Collected 160 gallons on Sunday. Yesterday it didn't get warm enough to collect but today is going to be in the low 50's. Should be a great day and I might even have to boil tonight to make sure I have storage for tomorrow. This is what it's all about!! Good season to everybody.

Father & Son
01-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Way to go Dan. You and Gary R are the ones setting the example for being prepared. Keep us updated on tonights boil.

Jim

phil bemis
01-31-2012, 12:43 PM
put out 1300 taps sat & sun in west pa erie co

Dan W
02-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Collected 330 gallons last night. That made a total of 490 in the tank. It was slow getting started boiling. Had a leak on the new feed pump on the RO. After playing with it for too long I just bypassed it and used the RO withiut it like last year. I still got in about 3 hours of boiling. Tonight we'll start all over again!!

Gary R
02-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Dan, nice sap haul. What are you able to concentrate too? Do you have any help collecting the buckets? I'm glad to see someone up north was ready:lol:

Dan W
02-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Gary, This RO I have doesn't have all the bugs worked out yet and it only has one membrane. In a single pass I am getting rid of 50% of the water. Concentrating to 3 or 4%. Hey, its not the best but I am still saving time and wood. And no, I don't have any help collecting or anything else. I am truely a one man operation from sap to sales. Two days ago the pump on the RO bought it. Graingers will have one for me today. I'll get that on tonight and finish boiling what I have left. I've gotten 600 gallons of sap so far this year.