PDA

View Full Version : Evaporation rate on a Lapierre Mini Pro Evaporator 19 in x 48 in?

Starting Small
01-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know the evaporation rate on a Lapierre Mini Pro Evaporator 19 in x 48 in? The link is http://www.mapleguys.com/index.php?i...6category%3D27

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
01-31-2012, 06:08 AM
I am guessing about 15. I was looking at that one too, along with the lapierre 18x60. and the 24x60. I think you could get 15gph out of the mini pro.
Just my thoughts on that size rig,
J.C.

Starting Small
01-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Interesting. If that is true then it sounds like someone would buy that would be looking more at the features that it offers then the evaporation rate. I would like more evaporation rate then anything personally but the ease of use and features does make it tempting. Does bill mason sell anything like that with those types of add ons?

mapleleaf
01-31-2012, 07:27 AM
I have a lapierre 19x48 and was getting about 12 to 13 gph. This was with seasoned hardwood from a pallet factory near by. This is a easy rig to use, and being fairly new to sugaring works for me. I do think with the float boxs and seperate syrup pan makes it even better.

Mogli
02-22-2012, 09:51 PM
So on your lapierre 19X48 does it have the flue pan or is a flat pan set. Just wondering to try to base your evap rates(12-13) on whether on not the mini pro is worth it. Also does anyone know if the leader equivalent(2x4 WSE) is a drop flue or raised flue pan. I really would prefer a small rig like this with the benefits of a efficient back pan, but with drop flues draining can be more tedious and would be a large con in the ease of use category.

Jec
02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
The 24"x60" I have can get 25 gph. You need almost 75 taps to get it running. The 18"x60" can probally get 20 gph and the 19"x48" can get 15 gph. It al depends on time and taps.

Starting Small
02-23-2012, 07:22 PM
[/QUOTE] You need almost 75 taps to get it running. .[/QUOTE]

Do you mean gallons, not taps? Or for someone with 75 taps this would be good?

Also do you guys know where to get prices for Leader evaporators? Looks like it is a "on request only" listing on the website.

CTsugarMan
03-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Anyone have anything more to add,i too am looking at this one.....Lapierre Mini Pro Evaporator 19 in x 48 in. Are cleaning drop flues that hard?

Middleton Maples
03-09-2013, 07:55 PM
I believe the mini pro is raised flue if your interested in that one

CTsugarMan
03-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Yes im strongly considering it

74maple farmer
01-23-2017, 05:54 AM
I have a lapierre 19x48 and was getting about 12 to 13 gph. This was with seasoned hardwood from a pallet factory near by. This is a easy rig to use, and being fairly new to sugaring works for me. I do think with the float boxs and seperate syrup pan makes it even better.

Hello I'm trying to set up my new 19"x48" laperrie mini pro, I'm having trouble set the cold water tank float, any thoughts and ways to make this work properly, also how much sap should I have on had before fireing up the rig, also another question at the end of a boiling session what do you recommend doing with the sap in the flue pan that does not run into the syrup pan

74maple farmer
01-23-2017, 05:55 AM
Hello I'm trying to set up my new 19"x48" laperrie mini pro, I'm having trouble set the cold water tank float, any thoughts and ways to make this work properly, also how much sap should I have on had before fireing up the rig, also another question at the end of a boiling session what do you recommend doing with the sap in the flue pan that does not run into the syrup pan

ennismaple
01-23-2017, 12:09 PM
We're at about 4 GPH per square foot so for that unit I'd guess 15 GPH average because it's natural draft without a pre-heater.

honeymooers
01-24-2017, 06:51 AM
I purchased a mini pro at the end of last season used. The gentleman I bought it from said it would do 18-20 gph but it does have a preheater unit built into a steam hood that he had custom built. Here are some pictures1515115152

74maple farmer
01-24-2017, 11:29 AM
How much sap did you have on had before firing it up, and any trick to setting the back float to the cold tank?

Maple Bud
01-24-2017, 02:47 PM
This is the first time I have participated in this forum but appreciate all the great information and advice I have received from other sugarmakers over the years. We produce maple syrup as a hobby and have been using a LaPierre Minipro evaporator for the past two seasons. Like many maple sugar producers, we started out with a large pot, then a flat pan and decided we would purchase a small evaporator. We decided upon the LaPierre Minipro because, as the Maple Guys who have designed it say, it has all the features of the large evaporator (two pans, raised flu,continuous flow system) and is easy for us to operate. We are getting an evaporation rate of somewhere between 15-20 gallons per hour (depending on the quality of our wood) and last year produced approx. 6 gallons of syrup from 130 trees (105 on tubing, 25 on buckets. It was not a good year for us as we had a major ice storm at the end of January which took down our mainlines and lateral lines so we were delayed getting started. One of features that I like is that the evaporator has a ball value between the flu pan and syrup pan which I am able to close at the end of each boil to prevent the mixing of sap with the near syrup. It took me a while to figure out how the float boxes work but if I recall correctly the higher the float sits in the box, the deeper will be the sap and syrup in the pans. There is an adjustment screw at the top of each float which allows you to adjust the depth of the sap/syrup. When boiling, we have been on the cautious side and have been running 2 inches in the flu pan and 1 1/2 inches in the syrup pan. I though I would post a link to a video of our Minipro in operation from last season to give you some idea how it works. Hope this helps.

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/117812077677327208941/album/AF1QipP-WmOXrrxeC-Zs78Bkpsy42947euI_3x1ikpWp/AF1QipOdN091KBFBKjG3OdLVXgq5LFI-7XKiu-5LSAHn

74maple farmer
01-24-2017, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the info that's very helpful, your link didn't work but I should be able to figure it out with your input
How often were you drawing off syrup , and roughly about how much at a time