PDA

View Full Version : Defoamer

Jec
01-30-2012, 04:19 PM
What is the consistency of defoamer? Mine is like a goo. Is it supposed to be a liquid?
Thanks,
Joey

maplwrks
01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
It should look like vegetable oil in the bottle. If it is cold it will be white, alot like hard butter. Warm it up!!

Jec
01-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Ok thanks, I need to warm it up.

Ausable
01-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey - Joey - Mike is right. It works soooo goood when You can get it out of the bottle. About 95% of the time I have it sitting some place to far away from the evaporator to liquify. As a backup for my memory - I keep a plastic container with little chunks of margarine or butter in it - so I can still defoam if the Atmos is rock hard in the bottle......Nothing like a foam up and nothing to tame it with...... LOL ---- another Mike

adk1
01-30-2012, 07:26 PM
I will bring it in the house each night for sure.

wiam
01-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I usually throw it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. If I forget and need it in a hurry I use a small stick to get some out of the bottle.

DrTimPerkins
01-30-2012, 07:47 PM
When you go to use defoamer that you've had from the year before....at least smell it....maybe even taste it. You should make sure it hasn't gone rancid.

Daren
01-31-2012, 07:36 AM
Dr. Tim......that comment feeds in to something I have wanted to ask for a while.....and as I think of this, has most likely already be posted somewhere else on here. I have always thought that could happen....the rancid thing...........with commercial defoamer, just as it would with veggie oil. This leads me to my question.....is there really any advantage to buying the commercial stuff or is it essentially the same thing as using an eyedropper with a small amount of fresh veggie oil to settle down an excited pan?

wiam
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
When you go to use defoamer that you've had from the year before....at least smell it....maybe even taste it. You should make sure it hasn't gone rancid.

I store mine in freezer during off season. Do you think this will help?